Living and Loving Life in the Heartland

Monday, July 30, 2012

Whirlwind Weekend

Boy am I tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom came in town this weekend and it was jammed packed.  First of all it is always so stressful because we (meaning I) have to rotate around everyone's schedule.  (everyone meaning her and everyone she wants to visits schedule)  So it started Friday. Friday we were suppose to have breakfast and then go swimming at her hotel, but her husband and her slept late and he was afraid he would miss Rush Limbaugh on the radio if they picked a restaurant place and waited on me.  Basically he wanted to eat right then and right now and didn't want to wait for me.  So after breakfast he went back to hotel to listen to Rush and my mom came to my house to see the nursery.  We then went swimming at the hotel.  He came down to the pool and he was mad because they interrupted Rush to air the CUBS/Cardinals game.  I guess Karma showed up after being so selfish about breakfast.  Then just mom and I went to get ice cream and then I was dropped off at home to get ready for the evening.  The plan was to go out to eat and then to our local minor league baseball game.  Well we went to the restaurant that was previously planned and it was closed for vacation for another week.  So we had to pick another and once we were there we waiting for 1 1/2 hr for our food..so basically we missed the baseball game.  So we just went home afterwards. 

Saturday, we met my aunt and her husband for brunch.  Then my mom's husband had to be at the airport to leave so I went home and my brother stopped by.  We then went out to pick up my grandma who doesn't drive much and she lives 40mins away.  So that round trip and visiting for awhile put us right in time for church. After church a bunch of us went out for steak for dinner.  After that my husband, my brother, his girlfriend, and I went to the comedy club.  We saw a hypnotist.  He was hilarious. 

Sunday, we went to brunch at the country club and then headed to a play called "Harvery".  The town the play was in 1hr 45 mins away so that round trip took a lot of time.  Two famous soap stars were in it.  I am not a fan of the soaps, but if you are and you ask...I will dig out my ticket from my purse and tell you who they were.  On the drive back we stopped at a sweets shop and then my grandma's for awhile.  I then came home hoping to watch Army Wives but apparently they took another weeks break. 

My mom left and I can finally relax.  Every minute of this weekend was jammed packed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!