Living and Loving Life in the Heartland

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 3

Day 3-Your views on drugs and alcohol?

I am very against drugs...I don't do them, but I do know people who do. They are very addicting and make people do stupid stuff.

Alcohol on the other hand, I am a fan of a good cocktail. I really like trying new drinks and mixing drinks. I like to go out on a Friday night with friends to watch a band and have a few drinks. I really hate how queasy I feel when I get drunk and the next day sucks, so I don't ever drink too much. My husband and I made an agreement last year that we would take turns being the DD every time there is an event that involves alcohol. Most of you might roll your eyes and tell me I am horrible after I tell you that the DD is allowed 2 drinks. We are over 21 and my state has a .08 limit so 2 drinks is our DD limit.

So if it is my turn not to drive he is allowed 2 drinks and vice versa.

Sorry for those of you out there that think a true DD is zero drinks.

So far this system is working for us. When I am the DD I try to have my 2 drinks very early and quit so that I am safe to drive.

Also, I never do, but I think it is ok for someone to have a glass of wine in the evening. I don't because I don't want to spend the money on that much wine, I would be the only one drinking from the bottle (my husband doesn't like wine), and I just don't feel like it. But, if someone had a glass of wine in the evening, that would be ok. I have had nights where I couldn't sleep so I poured myself a glass of wine to help. This has happened maybe 4 times in my whole life because I sometimes use tylenol pm to sleep and even this is VERY rare.

When I host a party at my house I will sometimes have a signature drink for the evening. I also love a good margarita on a hot summer evening.

So basically if you can control it, I do like alcohol. If I were to guess a average (again depending on the month and events of the month) I probably have a drink maybe two to three times in a month. (some months I have zero, some more)

I really am happy that my husband can control his drinking. He only drinks out with friends. He never has a drink by himself at home. Several years ago we bought a twelve pack of beer because we had friends over to watch football. I believe 3 beers were drank and that twelve pack sat in our fridge for years. I believe we still have beers left from that day in the garage fridge.

So, if you are an adult, can handle the responsibility than I think that a drink is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!